Offered by Intuit, QuickBooks has maintained its reign in the market for long period of time time by providing accounting services in the most effective manner. The services include accounts management, bookeeping, etcetera. However, with the rapid increase of businesses around the world, keeping up with the pace has become vital making QuickBooks Remote Access a neccessity.
Before we dig any further, the first thing that comes to our mind is what remote access is and how to use it. For that, we have compiled all the required information to help you get a better understanding and use it to your advantage, beginning with basic information on the subject.
Understanding Remote Access
The basic service of the QB Remote Access is to help user access their computer from another system. For that, all you require is a good internet connection and you will be able to access your documents, emails, etcetera, despite being on a different location. Along with this, another great feature is the ability of transferring files from one system to another with ease.
What Are The Advantages?
Once you access the QB remotely, you will be getting several advantages with it. Some of them are as under-
- Tracking the activities of the accountants.
- Transferring files and folders from one system to another.
- Copy and paste in between computers, whether remote or local.
- Printing documents from a remote system through a local printer.
- The accessibility for users to work on the same file together.
It is important to note that the user has to pay for accessing QuickBooks remotely as it does not come free. It comes with two plans that you can select from depending on your requirements.
- QuickBooks Access for $50.95/month.
- Full Desktop Access for $90.75/month.
QB Remote Access Options By Intuit
Intuit has derived some options for the QB users, in order to support them with the purpose of the remote acess.
QuickBooks Remote Access Tool
The tool is easily available on the official website of Intuit. It will let the users connect with their remote system which has an already installed QB Desktop. Also, in the market, many other software are available that come with the same function.
Authorized Hosting On Cloud
Intuit authorizes third-party servers on hosting QB Desktop Software. The users who have been authenticated, regardless of the location, to access the software on the hosting provider’s server. Another factor is that, as hosting service providers already manages the tasks, the experts do not have to install or maintain QB.
QB online works completely on cloud, so, this makes it easy for the user to access from any location with a good internet connection. But, the amount of clients that can work on it at a time depends upon the plan chosen by the user.
Setting Up Access To QB Desktop Remotely
- For the first step, go to the Intuit official website and sign up for remote access.
- Next, log in to the QuickBooks Remote Access website. But before logging in, keep in mind to launch the web browser from which you wish to access remotely.
- Click Setup Computer to download the file.
- Enter a nickname for your system in the Nickname field and click Next.
- Now, tick-mark the options that will initiate when you log in to remote sessions. You will be provided with options such as Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse, Make this computer’s screen blank, Use full-screen view by default, and Automatically reduce screen resolution to match.
- After that, mark the applications to remotely access and then, click Next.
- Check the box for the verification option, use a phone number or password, and select Finish.
- Launch the web browser on your remote computer and log in to your account on the QuickBooks Remote Access website.
- Select the box next to the computer alias you defined, and then click “Connect” in the action column.
- Authorize your computer using a passcode or phone authentication. If you are using phone number authentication, enter the passcode on the phone when the remote device calls you and prompts you to do so.
- When your session is over, click the Remote Access drop-down menu and click “QuickBooks Remote Access Session”.
Using From Home Or Other Location
Many users want access to QuickBooks remotely. People travel often. One or more staff members are in a different location or an accountant needs access to your company’s financial information. You have to send backups to every other, but you lose the pliability of a static and centralized database. Some accountants will use the accountant’s copy, on the other hand, both the accountant and users have restrictions. You can access your computer from separate locations and access the same data file simultaneously is becoming more popular.
In Case You Come Across A Problem
Some of the solutions that bring the cloud-like benefits of QuickBooks online, while using the benefits of QuickBooks Desktop, is called My Quickbooks. An extremely trusted software among the users. It can help to form remote access to the QuickBooks easy and quickly.
Remote Access QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Remote access involves accessing a computer or an application on a computer remotely from a special computer from another place. When using QuickBooks in single-user mode makes it very efficient. So we can describe two different solutions.
Traditional Remote Access.
The remote screen tools available for QuickBooks including the interrupted remote Access service from Intuit. And, these tools are also known as LogMeIn, R-HUB, Teamviewer. Also, connect remotely to the screen from another computer on running QuickBooks. It gives full authority over the whole Computer as if the user was physically sitting in front of the computer. Some disadvantages are a remote user has access to the whole computer and can see what the remote user is working on.
Enhanced Remote Access.
With remote Access your Desktop you’re logged into a user that runs within the background of the pc you would like to access. A Remote Desktop user can cash in of the improved remote Access with some added features.
- Workspace Session: The Remote user connects to a replacement session so a user performing on the PC cannot see, what’s performing on.
- Desktop Mode: You Log into your user thereon computer as if you were ahead.
- Application mode: The remote access using only open the QuickBooks Application and zip else. There is no access to a Documents folder.
If you are still unable to understand how to access QuickBooks remotely than then please take help for our Quickbooks Support professionals at +1-888-461-1336.