You can import things like your bank exchanges, bookkeeper’s changes, general diary sections, and batch exchanges. You can likewise import your clients and sellers. Export the reports, journal entries, and client and merchant records. See the process to Import and export data in QuickBooks desktop?
Lists of items you can import
- Chart of Accounts
- Vendor types
- Shipping methods
- Sales tax codes
Some transactions you can import
- Account beginning balances
- Cash sales to customers
- Account transfers of funds
- Vendor bills
- Cash refunds to customers
- Credit card transactions
Ways to import and export info in QuickBooks
With MS excel
You can import Customer, Vendor, Items, and Chart of Accounts from an Excel spreadsheet. There are various ways available while importing Excel files from QuickBooks Desktop.
1: Standard import To import Customers, Vendors, and Products you sell Go to the File menu, select Utilities at that point Import, and afterward Excel Files. In the event that you get the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window, click No. Follow the wizard in bringing in documents. Select the sort of information. QuickBooks opens an arranged dominant spreadsheet. When you have entered your data, spared the document, and shut it, you will be given the choice to Add My Data Now. Audit results and view Data in QuickBooks.Select Close when done.
2: Advanced import Turn
(1) on inventory preferences
- Sign in to your company file as Admin.
- Make sure you are on Single-user mode.
- Select Items & Inventory on the left pane, then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- Select the Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active checkbox, then select OK.
3: Add/Edit Multiple Lists
- To fix the mistakes:
- Snap or drift your mouse in any field to perceive what the mistake is.
- Update the record to fix the mistakes.
- Select Save Changes and rehash the cycle until all mistakes are fixed.
- select Close without rolling out additional improvements. QuickBooks won’t spare the progressions that contain mistakes.
export Excel documents
You can send out Customer, Vendor, Payroll records, and exchanges, just as Items list in an Excel spreadsheet. On the off chance that you have to change a report’s appearance or substance in manners that are not accessible in QuickBooks, you can likewise trade reports and modify it in Excel without influencing your QuickBooks information.
- Client/Vendor/Payroll rundown and exchanges
Things to remember when you import and fare information
Since you can’t fix the data you import, you should make a reinforcement to be safe.
We offer help for essential import and dare questions. Consider conversing with your bookkeeper before you important information. Or on the other hand, we can assist you through our QuickBooks ProAdvisor in the event that you need one.
Look at the Intuit Marketplace to see applications that assist you with bringing in the information.