QuickBooks Desktop is one-time purchased accounting software, which can be installed on the desktop system like the other available software installed on the desktop. So the QuickBooks Desktop needs to download and install properly to run. In this article, we will let you know the download and installation procedure of the QuickBooks Desktop. If you are new to this QuickBooks version then this source will be a good startup for you.
How to Download QuickBooks Desktop online
QuickBooks users need to go to the official site of QuickBooks for the download and updates page. From there, a user can easily download his/her desired QuickBooks version directly.
If you are a new user of QuickBooks Desktop or need to update the software then follow the below procedure. And if you are an older user, and want to move QuickBooks Desktop to another computer then use the QuickBooks migrator tool.
QuickBooks Desktop is available for both ProAdvisors and accountants. And they need different login credentials to download the software. Like, ProAdvisors need to log in to the QuickBooks ProAdvisor center, and the accountants need to log in through the CAMPS to download the software.
Now let’s know the QuickBooks Desktop downloading process for accountants;
- Visit the official site of QuickBooks for the download and updates page.
- There you will be asked to use the QuickBooks in multi-user mode or in single-user mode, choose the answer according to your need, then click ‘Next’.
- After that, you need to select your country, QuickBooks product, product version, and click ‘Next’.
- Now you can get the direct download option of your desired product, you just click on it to download.
Sometimes users want to update their software to the new version, but with the older version. Here if you are using an older version of QuickBooks then you should ensure that QuickBooks is supporting the version or not. Because QuickBooks doesn’t support the older version. In this case, you need to discontinue the product and need to register again for the new version.
Note: Find your QuickBooks license, and product information before updating your older version to new.
To Find Out License and Product Details of QuickBooks Desktop
Here we have shown you the two different scenarios to find out the license, and product details of QuickBooks. Find your type, and go for the procedure;
Scenario 1: For a Downloaded QuickBooks Product
If you have already downloaded the QuickBooks Desktop online from the official site of Intuit. But have no idea, what is the license, and product number then check your mail for the purchase confirmation received by QuickBooks.
Or you can use your CAMP login credential to see the product detail from the section of ‘Products & Services’.
Scenario 2: If QuickBooks is Purchased on CD
If you have purchased the QuickBooks on CD then you can notice a scratch-off label in the packaging. Scratch the label, there you will be able to find the product detail of your downloaded QuickBooks product.
How to Download QuickBooks Desktop for ProAdvisor
As we already mentioned above, ProAdvisors and accountants have different login ways to visit the page of downloads and updates. So here the QuickBooks ProAdvisors need to login through the QuickBooks ProAdvisor center.
You can do the same above process to buy it for your clients, and collect the product details buy logging in to the CAMPS.
Now follow the below steps to download the QuickBooks;
- Login to your account center by using the same mail address attached to your ProAdvisor account.
- Go to the ‘Manage your QuickBooks’ section, and choose the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Select the version, and download it.
- After that, you will get an install file.
- Choose the ‘Details’ option to get the license, and product details.
Installation Process of QuickBooks Desktop
Here is the process of installation, follow the steps to install the QuickBooks downloaded file.
Step 1: Install the File
- When your QuickBooks Desktop download file is open.
- Click Yes to all to overwrite existing extracted files.
- Because of the installation, then click Next.
- Read the software license agreement carefully, you satisfy with the agreement then choose that I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter the license key and product key.
- Then Click on Next.
Step 2: Choose the QuickBooks Desktop Installation Type
- Express: –
Allows the QuickBooks installer to make a recommended option for you that is able to store your data and it is also for you to change the previous version of QuickBooks if you have one. Note: If you want to add an accountant version it does not replace your previous year’s version in QuickBooks by default.
- Custom and network options: –
If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on a computer then you choose it or it chooses even when you will use QuickBooks to share your data with other users on the network.
Step 3: Choose the Location for QuickBooks
If you are using QuickBooks on this computer – if you are not using QuickBooks in the network then you select it. If you install it on a computer it will use to run QuickBooks but cannot be stored in a company file.
And if you use QuickBooks on this computer, and if you’re storing our company’s file, it can be shared on our network – if you’re running QuickBooks and store the company’s file from the machine Or share if you choose this option.
If you do not use QuickBooks on this computer, you will store our company file here, so that it can be shared on a network – if no one is using QuickBooks on this computer and use it in company files. To share as a file server on the network then you choose this option.
- Choose a new location for the install. If you want to browse to a new directory, select an older version to overwrite them or click on the next to install to the default directory.
- Click Install to continue the QuickBooks Desktop installation process, or click Back if you want to review any of the previous screens.
- During the installation of QuickBooks processes, the installer may ask you to restart your computer. Otherwise, click on QuickBooks and open.
- Activate your QuickBooks after installation.
Now QuickBooks is Successfully installed in your system.
Features Available in QuickBooks Desktop
The Wrap Up
QuickBooks Desktop can be bought online, and offline, it is absolutely your choice. But always remember to download, and install it in a proper manner. Otherwise, it may create a lot of installation issues during the use of QuickBooks. After reading this article, we hope you find it helpful, and informative. We have tried our best to describe the process in detail. Still, if you have any confusion about this article then you can get our QuickBooks support for the instant response.