If you don’t want to show any company file in the list of Company files. Then, you can easily completely remove or delete company files from QuickBooks Desktop by just following some simple steps. In this blog, we are going to discuss how to delete others company file in QuickBooks Desktop. Deleting a company or the file of the company from QuickBooks Windows Pro, Premier or Enterprise is as simple as finding the file where you have stored the company in your computer system.
How do you completely Delete a Company File in QuickBooks Desktop?
Firstly, you have to locate the company file in the location where you have stored company data in your system. Just follow these below steps for immediate results.
Locate the Company File which has to be deleted:
- Go to the QuickBooks and open the company file which you want to delete. If not then, click on the File menu and Open or Restore Company.
- Click on the Open a company file then press the Next button.
- After that, choose the file which you want to delete then, press on the Open
- Then, click the F2 button.
- In the new windows, find the option of File Information and remember that location.
The File location is that location where your company file is saved in your computer. It would be like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users \Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\(name of the file).qbw.
- Then, do exit from the QuickBooks, by clicking on File and then press on Exit.
Delete the Company File
- Firstly, find the location where your company file is stored.
- Do the right-click on the data file which you want to delete. And, then click on Delete
- Open the QuickBooks then, choose the Edit list button.
- Go through the Hide box option on the file that you deleted. The file will delete and be hidden from the “No Company Open” Window.
How to Delete Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?
You can easily delete the online banking transactions. Follow the below steps written down below:
- Press the Banking menu.
- Choose the correct amount.
- Then, press the For Review button and choose the item which you want to delete.
- Press the Batch action button.
- Click on Exclude Selected.
- After all, this, open the Excluded tab.
- Tick on the transaction again and then press the Batch action button.
- Press the Delete button in the end.
And, if you want to delete transactions from the chart of accounts. Then you have to delete it one by one at a time. Follow the below steps:
- Press the Gear icon.
- Select the Feedback option.
- Enter the request, or product suggestion then press next.
- Press the Skip button and send a message.
- Choose Feedback as Category
How to Delete Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to the Toolbar, and find the Edit option.
- Then, click on Delete Deposit (not the delete line).
If the deposit has more than one line then, you have to choose only one line. And, you can delete just that chosen line. The customer issue will be fixed.
Then, update the deposit to bring the corrected transaction. So you can delete the line or can delete the entire deposit. Depends on your data.
How to Delete Classes in QuickBooks?
You can inactivate the class only one at a time. Because in the QuickBooks Online there is no such option of batch inactivating.
- Firstly, click on the Gear icon.
- Then in the list, choose all the lists.
- After that, in the action button, you see a dropdown button, click on it.
- Then, press the delete button.
- If it asked to confirm the delete process. Then, click on Yes.
How to Delete Payment in QuickBooks Desktop?
You can easily delete the deposit payment for particular invoice:
- Go to the specified invoice.
- You will the two tab on the right side of the Create Invoice Window.
- Open the Transaction option.
- Then under the related transaction, you can see the deposit you use as the payment.
- Press the Related Transaction, it will display you the Make Deposit Window.
- Press Edit at top of the menu then click Delete Deposit (Ctrl + D).
- Press Ok for the confirmation.
It will open the invoice again after deleting the deposit.
In the END:
In this blog, you have seen how to delete a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. If you have any issues in these steps, you can contact us at QuickBooks Online Support Phone Number “+1-818-850-7805”. You can use these above steps whenever you want to delete any of these sections in the QuickBooks Desktop.