QuickBooks is an all accounting related purpose software by Intuit. The application comes with various options to help you create paychecks, a paper document paid to employees. However, you are required to set up QuickBooks Payroll for the transactions to create a paycheck. Then, you will be able to create single or multiple QuickBooks paychecks.
In this article, we will help you learn everything about the subject. We will begin with the three types of paychecks in QuickBooks.
Types Of Paychecks In QuickBooks
Following are the three types of Paychecks that are accessible in QuickBooks:
- Scheduled Payroll Paychecks
- Unscheduled payroll Paychecks
- Termination Payroll Paychecks
Scheduled Payroll Paychecks
As the name suggests, Scheduled Payroll is when you pay your employees based on the standard calendar. It can be weekly, monthly, etcetera. Paying your employees on an alternate calendar is also considered as Scheduled Payroll Paychecks. The dates of the finance plans must be put in correctly before you run them.
Unscheduled Payroll Paychecks
This type of paycheck refers to when the employees are not paid on a routine basis. An off-cycle paycheck, bonus check, commission check are some of its examples. They do not adjoin the regular paycheck.
Termination Payroll Paychecks
The Termination Paycheck is used to pay the final paycheck to an employee who has been fired or discharged. This format enables you to fill in the discharge date and mark them inactive.
Before You Create Paychecks
- You must activate your Payroll Service.
- Download the latest version of the Tax Table.
- Put QuickBook Desktop in single-user mode.
- Create a payroll item.
- Enter employee withholding information in QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you require to pay the employee through direct deposit, you need to set up the employee direct deposit in the employee profile.
- Make a paycheck in the same company file.
- Now determine where you have been creating a paycheck.
How To Create A Paychecks In QuickBooks
Step 1: Choose Employees And Click On Pay Employees.
You have to select one of the options from the following:
Schedule Payroll: QuickBooks Desktop takes you to the payroll center. Then, you have to select Pay Employees Tab.
- First, go to the Create a Paychecks section and select Proper Schedule.
- Now click on the Start Schedule Payroll.
- You will be directly taken to the Enter Payroll Information window.
Unscheduled Payroll: We can go directly to the Enter Payroll Information Window by QuickBooks Desktop.
Termination check: It will initiate the Enter Payroll Information window. Termination is a late payroll following the step builds to termination paycheck.
Step 2: Choose A Printing Option
For Check Option
- Select a line of paychecks for printing from Desktop QuickBooks.
- Click Print Paycheck on Check Stock.
- If the paycheck is signed by hand outside the QuickBook Desktop, select the handwrite & assign the check number.
- Enter a first Check#.
- When you enter the check number, the number will be increased by 1 for each consistent check composed from the record in the bank account field.
For Direct Deposit Option
- From QuickBooks Desktop, to queue direct deposit information of deposits for printing, select print DD on Check Stock.
- Assign a DD number to prevent direct deposit to place in the check printing queue. You can print pay stubs for your immediate deposit.
- Now, find an alphanumeric starting number. This will be incremented and printed on direct deposit pay stubs.
- Now, select the employees.
- Enter or check-mark the relevant column of the employee amount.
- If you want to change an employee’s paycheck information, then choose the name of the employee to access the paycheck details.
- Next, verify if the employees prefer a direct deposit. If they do, then choose the direct deposit box.
- Verify that the box does not collect sick/Vick if you do not require vacation and sick to accrue on the specific paycheck.
- Tick-mark Save & Next and go to the next employee, or select Save & Close to go back to the Enter Payroll information Window.
- If the check is ready to be designed, Select Continue.
- Check the amount of every employee and click create a paycheck in the Review and create Paycheck Window.
- Also, see how to print paychecks and print pay stubs for particular steps, and you can do them now or later if desired.
- In the end, send your payroll data and direct deposit paycheck to Intuit.
Step-3: Paycheck Date And Pay Period Date
The day on which employees are paid is named Paycheck Date. The Paycheck date will help you to decide when payroll liabilities are due based on a deposit schedule.
Pay Period Date
The pay period beginning and end dates represent the period in which employees work on earned wages.
Because of the IRS rule, when wages are paid, any wages paid in January will be included in the new year’s wages for tax deposit and reporting purposes regardless of the pay period.
If Pay Period Dates Have Been Entered Incorrectly
The pay period dates do not affect the timing of the tax deposits or payroll tax reporting. It is not necessary to correct these dates for tax purposes once checks have been distributed
Creating Paychecks In QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Look at the Workers or Payroll tab and choose the Employees option.
- Then, click on the option of Run Payroll. Choose Schedule in case you have more than one payroll schedule, and Continue.
- Then, choose the employees you have to pay. After that, fill the hours and memos.
- Now, click on the option of Preview Payroll.
- After that, select Preview Payroll Details or Submit Payroll.
- Finally, click on Finish Payroll.
Creating Paychecks In Intuit Online Payroll
The steps to create a paycheck in Intuit Online Payroll are simple. Follow the below process one by one to create paychecks in Intuit Online Payroll:
- First, log in to your Intuit Online Payroll account.
- Then, move to the option of Payday. You can also choose the option of Pay Schedule in case you have more than one.
- Now choose the employees you have to pay. Select the option of Schedule in case you have more than one payroll schedule, and Continue.
- Then, choose the employees you have to pay.
- After that, fill the hours and memos.
- Select Create Paychecks.
- Then confirm the amounts you have to pay as well as payment methods. And choose the option to Approve Paychecks.
We hope the information given in the article was helpful and you were able to understand and create paychecks. However, if you still feel the need for help, you can contact our customer support through the toll-free number. Our team of experts and ProAdvisors are available 24*7 to provide you the help you require. Also, you can contact us for any further queries related to QuickBooks.