QuickBooks Desktop provides you various features for creating a paycheck. This is used to create single or multiple paychecks for active or terminated employees. A paycheck is just a paper document that is paid to an employee. First of all, if you want to create a Paycheck in QuickBooks then you need to set up QuickBooks Payroll for transactions then you will be able to create a QuickBooks Paycheck. You can create three types of paycheck in QuickBooks payroll.
Before Creating Paychecks In QuickBooks You should Remember this point
- You must Activate your Payroll Service.
- Now download the latest version of Tax Table.
- Now you can download the latest QuickBooks table.
- Put QuickBook Desktop in single-user mode.
- Create a payroll item.
- Enter employee withholding information in QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you want to pay the employee through direct deposit, you need to set up the employee direct deposit in the employee profile.
- Make a paycheck in the same company file.
- Now find where you have been created a paycheck.
How many types of Paychecks in QuickBooks
There are the following three types of Paycheck is available in QuickBooks:
- Scheduled payroll paychecks
- Unscheduled payroll paychecks
- Termination payroll paychecks
Scheduled payroll paychecks
If you are paying your employees on a regular basis ex: weekly, monthly, etc. then schedule payroll is your primary choice. And this also brings together the group of an employee on a different schedule but payroll schedule should be correct before running schedule payroll.
Unscheduled payroll paychecks
This type of a paycheck will come in the scenario when you do not pay your employee on a regular basis or paying them an off-cycle paycheck or a bonus check or a commission check that is not integrated with a normal paycheck. You need to be navigated directly to enter the payroll information window.
Termination payroll paychecks
You can use a termination paycheck to see the last paycheck of the discharged/fired worker. This format enables you to find the employee’s release date and marking them inactive.
How to create a Paychecks in QuickBooks
There are the following steps to create a paycheck in QuickBooks
Step1: Choose employees and click on pay employees.
Now you have to select one of the options that apply to you. Select From the following option:
Schedule Payroll: QuickBooks Desktop takes you to the payroll center and you have to select Pay Employees Tab.
- Click to the Create Paychecks section and select the proper schedule.
- Now click to the Start Schedule Payroll.
- And QuickBooks Desktop opens up the window that is Enter Payroll Information.
- Unscheduled Payroll: QuickBooks Desktop will take you directly to the Enter Payroll Information window.
- Termination check: it will open up the Enter Payroll Information window. Termination is a late payroll following the step creates to termination paycheck.
Step2: Choose a printing option that applies to you.
Select the option required for printing
For check option:
- Select a queue paychecks for printing from Desktop QuickBooks. Click Print Paycheck on Check Stock.
- if the paycheck is written by hand outside the QuickBook desktop, select the handwrite& assign the check number.
- Enter a first Check#.
- When you enter the check number so the number will be increment by 1 for each consequent check composed from the record in the bank account field.
Direct Deposit Options:
- From QuickBooks Desktop to queue direct deposit advice of deposits for printing select print DD on Check Stock.
- Assign a DD number to prevent direct deposit so that it will not locate in the check printing queue. And you can print pay stubs for your direct deposit.
- Now you can locate an alphanumeric starting number, which will be incremented and printed on direct deposit pay stubs.
- Now select the employees.
- Enter or check the appropriate column of the employee amount.
- Now if you want to change an employee paycheck information then choose the name of the employees, so that you can access the paycheck details.
- To change the amount repeatedly, before creating a paycheck so that it can temporarily add payroll items to it.
- Now verify that If the employees choose a direct deposit then choose the direct deposit box.
- Verify that the box does not accrue sick/Vick if you do not require vacation and sick to accrue on the specific paycheck.
- Click Save & Next and go to the next employee, or select Save & Close to go back to the Enter Payroll information Window.
- If the check is ready to be created Select Continue.
- Verify the amount of every employee and click create a paycheck, in the Review and create Paycheck Window.
- Also, see how to print paychecks and print pay stubs for detailed steps, and you can Print the paychecks or pay stubs now or later if desired.
- In the end, send your payroll information and direct deposit paycheck to intuit.
Step3: Paycheck Date and Pay Period dates
The day on which employees are paid is called Paycheck Date. And Paycheck date will help you to determine when payroll liabilities are due based on a deposit schedule.
Pay Period Date
The pay period is began and end dates represent the period in which employee work on earned. When an employee work in December, but it is paid in January
Because of the IRS rule based on when wages are paid any wages paid in January, regardless of the pay period will be included in the new year’s wages for tax deposit and reporting purposes.
If Pay Period Dates Have Been Entered Incorrectly
The pay period dates do not affect the timing of the tax deposit due dates or payroll tax reporting, it is not necessary to correct these dates for tax purposes once checks have been distributed.
A paycheck is just a paper document that is paid to an employee. The QuickBooks Desktop provides various options to create a paycheck. This is also used to create single or multiple paychecks for active or terminated employees. You can create three types of paycheck in QuickBooks payroll. If want to create a paycheck then you need to follow some of the steps that were given above.