Quickbooks Online custom fields allow users to track the information that matters most to them and their customers. Sometimes, you need to track more information about your business that may be products, customers, or employees. However, QuickBooks accounting software does not have those fields. It might be also possible that everyone does not need the same field of information that you need. So for a situation like this, here comes the actual entry of solution in the form of custom fields which make it able to track what is important to you. There are several fields that you can add according to your requirements, they are for different lists that can hold different data types.
In today’s blog, we will be showing how you can create and use custom fields in QuickBooks Online Advanced for products, anniversaries, information related to your firm, or almost everything. All these data or information provide you better track and detailed financial reports according to your preference.
How can you create QuickBooks Online custom fields?
Users are able to get a total of 48 active custom fields, where 12 fields are for sales forms that include sales receipts, invoices, credit memos, estimates, and refund receipts. 12 fields are available for purchase orders and expenses forms,12 for vendor profiles, and the next 12 for customer profiles. Accept from the text, users can also create a custom dropdown, date, and number fields well.
- Open the Settings option.
- Then go to the Custom fields.
- Now click on the option to Create a custom field. In case you have created this field, you will receive an option to add the field.
- Chose from the Customer info, Transaction info, or Vendor info according to your preference. Where Customer info fields are available for the customer data, Transaction info fields are available for the sales forms, purchase orders, & expenses and Vendor info fields are available for the vendors.
- Here you will have to give a name for your custom field.
- Click on the category of Text, Number, Date, or Drop-down menu from the Type dropdown.
- Now you will have to select where you want the custom field to show like Show on sales forms, Show to the customer, Use on PO, Show to a vendor or Use on other expense forms.
- Once you are finished, click on the Save button.
How can you Edit your QuickBooks Online custom fields?
Users can edit their custom fields from the page of Custom fields. Simply choose the Edit option from the Actions column in order to edit or change the custom field’s name, type, or visibility to your customers or vendors. Even a single change you make here updates your purchase orders, sales forms, and customer profiles utilizing the field.
Users can create as many custom fields as they need and can have 48 active fields at a period of time. In case you want to make a field active or inactive, follow the given instruction:
- Go to the arrow that shows next to the Edit option from the Actions column.
- Choose either Make active or Make inactive according to your need.
Two ways to edit your custom fields
There are different ways to edit your custom fields, you can do it from sales forms, purchase orders, expense forms, customer profiles, and also from vendor profiles. Here we will show how you can do this:
1. Edit from sales forms (invoices, sales receipts, expenses) and purchase orders:
- Go to your existing sales form or you can create a new one.
- Now go to the Gear icon that appears at the top of the form.
- From the Custom Fields category, chose + Add custom field in order to add a new field.
- Click on the Edit option that appears next to a field name. This will opens a Custom fields page where you can edits.
- After completing the process, close your window.
2. Edit from the customer and vendor profiles:
- Click on the Sales menu or Vendors tab.
- Then chose the Customers tab.
- Find out and click on a customer or vendor profile.
- Hit on the Edit option.
- Now move to the Custom fields tab.
- Chose + Add custom field in order to add a new field.
- At last hit on the Save button to save your changes.
Do you need more guidance for QuickBooks Online custom fields? We’re providing the best online support for our customers. Comment down below in case you have any doubts or queries about the article above. We are more willing to offer additional assistance through Quickbooks ProAdvisor. Do contact our helpline number +1-850-203-4458 team for any further help regarding your QuickBooks product.