QuickBooks is a general bookkeeping accounting financing tool that helps users by offering quality reflected services. In addition, users can maintain records and transactions in QuickBooks Desktop, With this, you can also record critical accounting processes. If you are a beginner and don’t know how to create a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. Then don’t worry at all. This blog will illustrate all the steps that will be useful in creating company files. Because your company file stores all of your financial details and grows with you. However, in QuickBooks, you can also save multiple company files for multiple businesses. Although each business should have its own separate company file.
How to create a company file in QuickBooks Desktop?
If you want to create a company file in QuickBooks Desktop, then you have to follow some steps such as:
- First of all, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- When the No Company Open window opens, then click on Create a new company.
- Choose Express Start if you wish to start directly. In this situation, you have to fill the business details like name, industry, and type. In order to create your company file. You can also fill up these details later on.
- Select Detailed Start if you want a complete setup so all of your information is already filled from the start.
- Then implement all the instructions given on the screen. This will help you in finishing the setup.
- If you have an existing company file in QB, then give a unique name to the new file. However, this will prevent QB from accidentally overwriting your data.
- When it is over, then you can start working in QB Desktop.
How to create a portable company file in QuickBooks Desktop?
A portable company file will be very useful if you want to share the accounting information or transfer it to another system. However, this tiny version of your company files is small enough to send in an email or put on a USB. Here are some steps that will help you in creating a portable company file in QuickBooks Desktop. They are as follows:
- Firstly, you should open QB with your admin account.
- From the File menu, select Create Copy.
- Click on a Portable company file and then assign a unique name to it.
- This unique name will make it easier for you to differ from your regular company file.
- After that, select a location to store your portable company file.
- Once it finishes, click on the Save option.
Steps to create a company file using an Intuit account ID
Whenever you create a new company file in QuickBooks Desktop, you may see a notification to log in using your Intuit account ID. This Intuit account ID makes it easier for you to manage your connected Intuit products and services. You can also get a prompt to use your Intuit account ID when you add a user, sign in to MyCompany, or while accessing Intuit User Account Management. In order to create a company file using an Intuit account ID. You have to follow some steps such as:
- First, you have to create a new company file. Or open your existing company file.
- Then click on I’m an admin, and then select your account.
- Next, you have to enter your email address.
- Choose I’m not an admin if you are not an admin.
- After that, sign in with the admin credentials.
- If you have selected I’m an admin, and I’m the primary person you’ll be prompted to enter your Email or user ID, then enter your Password.
- However, if you don’t have an Intuit account, then create an account.
- If you already have an Intuit account but forgot your login details. Then select I forgot my user ID or password to recover your account.
- Again Sign In with your admin credentials.
This blog will discuss all the necessary steps to create a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. As you already know that company file plays a vital role. As your company file will record your business transactions and other accounting tasks. So by implementing the above steps you can easily create a company file in QuickBooks Desktop.