Whenever we try to access any data from QuickBooks, we need to log in to our account with a security code, which makes our account secure from others. But sometimes we need to change the password, and reset it to a new one for any kind of security reason. Today in this article, we will learn how to reset password for QuickBooks Desktop of admin or user. So, if you have any issue to reset password then read the complete article.
How to Create a Strong Password in QuickBooks
We will recommend you create a strong password for the QuickBooks Desktop so that in the future, no one can guess the password, and run the company file without your permission. Here are some tips mentioned below for creating a strong and good password in QuickBooks. Have a look;
- The first thing is, there should not be any space in the password.
- Check your keyboard is working properly before creating a password or not. If it’s working properly then check that the caps lock and num lock are on or off.
- Create a password with a minimum of 8-16 characters including special characters, numbers, lower case letter, and upper case letter.
- Don’t create a common password, try to create a unique, and easy to remember password.
How to Reset Admin Password in QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Ready to Reset Admin password
If you are the admin, and you want to change your or to set up administrator password in QuickBooks then you can do it easily. To confirm the admin or the admin role you can check the below conditions.
- QuickBooks Desktop Administrator (owner)- Here you need not enter a user name during the login process, you just need to put the password.
- QuickBooks Desktop Administrator (Role)- Here, you need to put the user name or any admin role, with the password.
After ensuring your role go to step 2, if you forgot your password, or want to change the password.
Step 2: Reset the QuickBooks Desktop Admin Password
Reset Admin Password for QuickBooks 2020
- First of all, go to the company login window, and click on the ‘I forgot my password’ option.
- After that select an email address from the dropdown list, and click the ‘Next’ option.
- If in case, you are unable to find email address then, click on the ‘Don’t see your email in the list above?’ option, and follow the screen instructions.
- A token will be sent through the email address chosen by you to reset the password. So check your mail even check the spam box for the token.
- Now put the token from the email.
Reset Admin Password for QuickBooks 2019
Follow the below-given instruction to reset password for QuickBooks 2019 or earlier.
- Open the login window of QuickBooks Desktop, and click on the ‘I forgot my password’ option.
- Now in the form, fill out all the details.
- License Number (Press the F2 key to see the license number)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Get all the details by signing in to CAMPS (Customer Account management Portal)
- Recheck all the information that you have entered, and click ‘Ok’, if the info is errorless.
- You will receive a code in your email.
- Now QuickBooks will guide you to create a new admin password.
Reset Admin Password for QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2020
- Select the lock icon from the password field.
- After that, a pop-up menu will appear to list a recovery email address.
- Select the mail ID, and click ‘Ok’ to access it.
- Go to your mail, and check the mail to create a new admin password.
If the password reset Not Working
If the password reset not working then, you should know the below points to overcome this problem.
- Recheck all the information that you have filled out in the form during the resetting password process.
- You can select the ‘Search for something else’, and search for the password to contact the QuickBooks team member.
- Still, if you are unable to fix the problem then you can use the QuickBooks automated password reset tool. This tool will help you to reset the password easily.
How to Reset User Password in QuickBooks
Follow the below 2 steps to reset the user password in QuickBooks
Step 1: Be Ready to Reset User Password
In QuickBooks, a user can’t change his/her password ownself. He/She needs the help of the admin to reset the password. Contact the QuickBooks Desktop admin, and let him/her do to follow the 2nd step given in below.
Step 2: Reset the User Password in QuickBooks
- Login to the QuickBooks Desktop as an admin.
- Go to the ‘Company’ section, and select the ‘Set up Users and Passwords’ option.
- From the ‘Set Up Users and Passwords’ dropdown select the ‘Set Up Users’ option.
- It may need one more time to enter the admin password.
- Now go to the ‘User List’ section, and choose the user name that you want to change the password.
- After that, click the ‘Edit User’ option.
- Put a new password, click ‘Next’.
- Again click the ‘Next’ option, and then the ‘Finish’ option.
We hope, this article will give you a lot of information, and the right direction to reset password in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the instruction carefully, and reset the security code according to your need. Still, if there is any problem to follow the given instructions then you can get help from the QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the instant solution.