Cybercriminals are taking advantage of the technology to commit crimes. As nowadays all accounting and financial activities are taking place in cloud-based accounting software we need to be careful. You might be thinking what can we do? We can at least keep our files password protected. It is requisite to change Quickbook’s password every 90 days. Quickbooks also reminds you to change your password when the expiration date is near. In case you are wondering how to do so? You are at the right place. After reading this article you will know how to change Quickbooks password for admin and other users even if you forgot it.
How to create a strong password?
- The password must be 8-16 characters long.
- You must choose at least one uppercase letter.
- The password must contain one numeric digit.
- At least one lower case letter is required.
- One special character must be included.
- No spaces are allowed.
- Your password must not contain your username.
- Your password must be a little complex.
How to change the password in Quickbooks?
- Open your company file.
- Select the company for which the password needs to be changed.
- Go to “set up user and passwords” and select “change your password”.
- Enter your current password in the current password field.
- Now enter your new password in the new password field and current password field.
- Press the Ok button and your password is changed.
- Log in the company file as Administrator.
- Visit the company menu and select “set up users and passwords.
- Click on “set up users”.
- Enter the current admin password if asked.
- Now select the user whose password is required to be changed from the user list.
- Hit the edit user tab and enter the new password.
- Click on the “next” button twice and then click “finish”.
Forgot your password? Let’s reset it.
Sometimes you can forget any one of the passwords. But there is no need to worry about it. The steps that are required to change the password are simple to operate and are listed below.
For Resetting Admin password in QuickBooks 2020:
- On the Company Login window, select I forgot my password.
- Select an email from the dropdown list, then Next. You’ll be emailed a token to reset your password. Note: If you don’t see your email address, select “didn’t see your email in the list above?” and follow the directions provided.
- Enter the token you received.
Check your spam folder if you don’t see your email by us in your inbox.
For Resetting Admin password in QuickBooks 2019 and earlier versions:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop. At the login window, select I forgot my password.
- Fill out the information on the form.
- The license number for the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re using. (you can see it by pressing F2.)
- The name, email address, phone number, and ZIP code you originally used when you purchased the product.
- Select OK. If the information you entered is correct, you’ll get a code to the primary email registered with Quickbooks. Check your spam folder if you don’t see your email by us in your inbox.
- QuickBooks will then guide you through creating a new admin password.
Reset Password using Security Question
- A login screen in the QuickBooks Desktop will appear, select “I forgot my password”.
- Now, answer the security questions and click on Ok.
- A message will be prompted on your screen:-“When you remove the password and challenge answer and the question then your company file is no longer password-protected. When you are near this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.” At this point, click on close.
- To change the QuickBooks password, open the window.
- Enter a new password and new challenge question.
- Press On Ok.
- Your file will open.
Reset Password using reset code
- Choose the required tool based on the version of Quickbooks the user is using.
- From the Quickbooks version, choose your version of Quickbooks Desktop.
- Fill in Quickbooks license number and other details and then hit submit.
- Accept the license agreement and click on the download now option.
- Enter the token number you have received via email.
- Choose the same Quickbooks version. And then tap on the “browse your company file option”.
- Choose the company file you want to reset the password for.
- Enter a new password in the required fields and click on reset password.
To reset the user password follow the same steps as you followed earlier to change the user password.
Crack password using Automatic Password Reset tool
If none of the above options work for you we suggest you try resetting your password using an automatic password reset tool. Follow the following steps to so-
- Firstly, download the Automatic Password Reset tool.
- Choose your QuickBooks version.
- Enter your QuickBooks license number and the business information you got when registering to the Quickbooks.
- Agree with terms and conditions and license agreements. Ensure that your information is correct.
- If the information is incorrect login to the intuit account and makes them correct.
- Now run the Automatic Password Reset tool.
- Then, enter the token number that you have received through the email.
- Choose the same QuickBooks version.
- Browse for the company file option and select the company file for which you are required to change the password.
- Enter a new password and select a confirm password.
- Select the reset password to finish the process.
We hope now you will be able to change Quickbook’s password or even reset it if needed without any issues. If you still have any issues related to changing or resetting QuickBooks password for admin and the rest of the users, then you can contact us at our QuickBooks Helpline Number +1-844-519-0042. QuickBooks support is available 24*7 for you. We are open to all your suggestions.