Adobe/Acrobat Reader is the ideal software for printing, reliably view, edit, and comment on PDF documents. The best thing is that it is now connected to the Adobe Document Cloud that makes it easier to work with computers or mobile devices. And for the QuickBooks user, it is like most wanted software, especially for their printing works. If you are a QuickBooks Online user, then you must know the value of this software as it resolves almost every printing problem just by updating it.
Even though if you are using this program very often as you may be dealing with PDFs most of the time, you can experience struggles and slowness while using this software. At that time, this software becomes very annoying, especially when you are is in a hurry. So in this blog, we will tell you all the simple steps to update Adobe /Acrobat Reader to the latest release version and to repair your product installation. These steps will include updating in different ways, repairing, uninstalling, or reinstalling your Reader in very simple ways that can be a success by following a few simple steps.
Acrobat Reader downloading issue
Sometimes you might get the issues while downloading the Acrobat Reader. basically, this problem occurs due to one of the following reasons:
- Due to the Internet or network connection issue with your system, or your internet setting is not correct.
- If your antivirus software not updated because it needs updating from time to time.
- It might be possible that your system is not connected to the Acrobat server.
How to fix downloading issues
- Update your anti-virus software to the latest version
- Use another web browser
- Open Acrobat reader with a direct download link
- Make sure you have a stable Internet connection
- Update your video card driver (Windows only)
- Fix some specific error code messages
How to update Adobe/Acrobat Reader
Adobe Reader is the very first choice for users for almost a decade on all platforms out there. This software having or very useful functions in addition to normal viewing capabilities. However, there are some glitches users face while using it, sometimes these glitches get resolve only by updating the software. This activity not only solves your problem but also enhance the security and stability of the product. Here is all process you can perform to update this software:
Automatic Update from the product
For installing Adobe/Acrobat Reader the most updated version from Adobe Updater, do the following steps:
- Start your Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- Go to the Help section and then click on the option of Check for Updates.
- Then just follow the onscreen steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates.
Update on the web
To update your adobe reader on the web, it will take just a few seconds to get the latest release version. See how you can do so:
- Open your Adobe Reader or Acrobat
- Go to the Help section and then click on the option About Adobe Reader.
- Note the details of your product version.
- Now open the Adobe Reader Downloads page on your web. Your OS and Reader version will be automatically detected by the web page.
- If the web page showing the result that an updated or newer version is available, then click on the button of Install Now.
- Once it is completed, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can get the instruction to update adobe reader on the download page. Here how you can download and manually install the software as follows:
- Open your Adobe Reader or Acrobat product
- Go to the Help section and then click on the option About Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader.
- Note the details of your product version
- Now close the product.
- In case you do not have the latest release version installed on your system, download the latest installer from this “https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/’ page.
- Once the process is done open the downloaded installer to begin the installation process.
How to uninstall Adobe/Acrobat Reader
It is mandatory to uninstall and reinstall the product to resolve some errors. This is the simple steps you can follow to uninstall the Adobe/Acrobat Reader:
- Firstly close all the open web browser windows and Acrobat Reader.
- Hit on the Start button that are situated on the bottom left of your screen.
- Enter Control Panel and hit the Enter button.
- Choose the option of Programs and Features.
- Then go with the option of Acrobat or Adobe Reader, and select Uninstall/Change.
- Now hit on the Yes button to confirm.
How to re-install Adobe/Acrobat Reader
After the successful completion of the uninstallation process, you will have to reinstall Adobe. Enter the link in your web browser and follow the instruction given there https://get2.adobe.com/reader/.
A valuable note for you: do not uninstall your Acrobat Professional because it is totally different from a normal adobe reader. Acrobat Professional is not a free program as that of the normal reader, so if you accidentally uninstalled it, use the DVD or the installation download to reinstall the product that you received from Adobe.
More Help !!!
If you still need help with Acrobat reader, do visit our support page to contact us or call us on our toll-free helpline number +1-888-461-1336. We have a team of QuickBooks ProAdviser who will help you to resolve your issue with Adobe/Acrobat Reader and make your printing work easy with Quickbooks online. Do not forget to comment down below, if you find this article even a little bit helpful in your problem with the reader. We feel glad to receive your valuable comment, this little effort of your’s encourage our team to do better. Thank you!